Co-parenting during the COVID-19 Pandemic may require more connection and discussion between you and your co-parent and it may require to negotiate some temporary agreements for your respective households. These aren't easy times. With some shared love for your children, some grace under pressure and a 'we're all in this together' attitude, you and your co-parent can have each other's backs during this crisis and safely parent your children.
1. When discussing these issues with your co-parent, consider the following:
4. Compliance with recommendations of authorities is also expected.
5. You may consider a temporary schedule adjustment that has more extended periods in each household such as is typical during the summer holidays to minimize the back and forth.
6. Contact between children and their parents through phone calls, Facetime, Skype, texts, snapchat, etc should be encouraged where possible.
7. Seven guidelines for parenting during COVID-19 released by AFCC - link below
Leave a Reply.